With stunning harbor or city views you and your fellow traveling family and friends will find yourselves in the heart of a dynamic and diverse downtown. With nearly 100 restaurants, shops, and attractions within walking distance there is so much to see and do in the Downtown Long Beach area. The Concierge Team at The Westin Long Beach have a few recommendations for a unique trip around Long Beach, California.
A Day Brightening Breakfast!
- Greet the morning joggers and cyclists on Long Beach’s 5 mile beach path from the beachfront patio at the Belmont Brewing Company. (5 minutes by car or Passport Bus.)
- For a quick bite on your own morning stroll try a scrumptious pastry at the Café Dia Bakery in Shoreline Village. (10 minutes by foot)
- Other delicious options include: the Long Beach Café or the Omelet Inn.
Your Morning Adventure!
- Visit the nearly 10,000 sea creatures at the renowned Aquarium of the Pacific . Meet some new friends at the June Keyes Penguin Habitat.(10 minutes by foot or 5 minutes by car.)
- Climb aboard Harbor Breeze Cruises for a day of Whale Watching on the California coast! (10 minutes by foot of 5 minutes by car.)
- Other fun day excursions include: The Museum of Latin American Art, Catalina Island aboard the Catalina Express or a visit to the USS Iowa Museum
What’s for lunch?
- Enjoy the genuine hospitality of George’s Greek Café in Downtown Long Beach. Be prepared to shout “Opa!” as staff prepares flaming Saganaki at your table. (5 minutes by foot.)
- Watch the sail boats in the harbor over oysters at Gladstone’s Long Beach. (10 minutes by foot.)
- Other great lunch options include: Rock Bottom Brewery, Tequila Jacks, Kings Fish House
Take the Afternoon Off
- Take a tour of the historic Queen Mary. (10 minutes by car or Passport Bus.)
- Stroll leisurely along the boutiques, shops and café’s on 2nd Street in the Belmont Shore neighborhood. (10 minutes by car or Passport Bus.)
- Other great attractions include: The Pike at Long Beach, Shoreline Village
- Enjoy cocktails 18 stories above Downtown Long Beach at the art deco inspired Sky Room. (5 minutes by foot.)
- Watch the sunset over the pier at the Belmont Brewery. (10 minutes by car or Passport Bus)
- Other excellent happy hour options include: Wine Down Lounge, Parker’s Lighthouse, Algeria
Find the Nightlife
- Cheer for your favorite team on the three story tall screen at Legend’s Sports Bar. (10 minutes by car or Passport Bus.)
- Be serenaded by the hosts at Sgt Pepper’s Dueling Pianos or grab at pint next door at the Auld Dubliner. (5 minutes by foot.)
- Tickle your funny bone at The Laugh Factory Comedy Club (5 minutes by foot.)
- Other area hot spots include: The Long Beach Performing Arts Center, Harvelle’s Long Beach, The Gaslamp Restaurant and Bar
Lets Go Out to Dinner
- Sample the Tapas and Sangria at Café Sevilla. (5 minutes by foot)
- View the lights of the city on the water at The Reef Restaurant.
- Other fine dining options include: L’Opera, 555 Steakhouse, Open Sesame, Le Creperie, Nicks on 2nd